Now the are incredible tattoos. never seen the like.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by steve knight, Apr 12, 2019.

1. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

2. Zenithal macrumors 604

Oh, Steve, you can always stick and poke yourself.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68030

steve knight

no thanks I did that to myself when I was 15 and stupid :D

4. Zenithal macrumors 604

Take a trip to New Zealand and get an authentic Maori tattoo.

5. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

You ever see the tattoos on Penelope Cruz' little brother Eduardo? I always wonder how he's gonna get some of those gone if he ever wants a change of personal scenery. It's not that hard to get a small tattoo removed, I guess... but I remember in the back half of his music video Tu Manera, Cruz is wearing one of those sleeveless undershirts (is that the polite term for those things?) and he has a tattoo with like shoulder to elbow decoration that I sure hope he still really likes.

6. Gutwrench, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019

Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

What an embarrassment to “sleeveless undershirts”. At least mine are gravy stained.

Here’s my heroic tattoo. Compliments of my daughter.

65BDB1A0-D81E-4F80-8388-6B910AB8643B.png

7. chown33 macrumors 604

Needs the addition "So gimme a scone".

8. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Or “So gimme your scone!”

9. chown33 macrumors 604

Change "your" to "yer", to keep it colloquial, and I'm in.

For small non-permanent values of "in".

10. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

That is adorable. A redeeming feature, actually. ;)

[ Good for three fresh remarks about substitutes for Ambien. Nothing I have posted until this moment counts though. Good luck!]

11. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

So, who's the first one that is going to honor us with a MacRumors tattoo?
    Extra points for the addition of a PRSI theme.

12. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Extra points for anyone still standing in PRSI after a couple more weeks of the general drift in there lately. :eek:

How about no points for tattoos that look like folding screens, have simulated notches in them or circular designs that when pressed, rattle.

We need @AngerDanger to launch this contest and set the bar. Or, dare I say it? we might need @jkcerda's attention. Surely in the criminal mexi midget's vast collection of memes there is an idea for an MR tattoo.

My approach will be to look at old New Yorker covers for ideas, I have a bunch of the hardcopy covers pinned to the wallboard of my unfinished stairwell renovation... all i need is a moment when I figure my tendency to flight of ideas will mark one of them as appropriate to MacRumors somehow. Maybe an adaptation of this one. Does the eye look a little bit like the camera bump on the next X-line iPhone?

NewYorkerCover-Mihaesco-CatAndFish-1989Sep.png

13. chown33, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019

chown33 macrumors 604

It could make a nice stencil for the back of the phone, with the camera bump poking out where the eye is.

It'd be best to see a GIF of it photoshopped first.

14. AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

This is the best I could come up with.

fakegit.jpg

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I cam across a web page that opened my eyes to the exact permanence of tattoos: Thinking Of Getting A Tattoo? These 35 Pics Reveal How Tattoos Age Over Time

I've known a fair amount of older folks who got tattoos and they looked like a mottled mess but other folks told me that was back then - there have been improvments over time to methods and inks. I did a bit a research on my own and it seems the body never stops fighting against tattoos. The ink is a foreign object in the body, and the white blood cells attack the tattoo continually. Really good tattoos are expensive and look fabulous but why spend 500, 1,000 or 1,500 to have a mottled or blurry mess in a couple of years

upload_2019-4-24_6-35-47.png

upload_2019-4-24_6-36-21.png

16. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Good arguments for getting temporary or "fake" tattoo stickers.

17. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

So many reasons why my characters have them, but I do not. The mottling being one of them. Allergies to ink being the main culprit. My body keeps fighting alright. ;)

18. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

Yup, I have seen this on a few folks. Sometimes the body doesn't like the ink, and sometimes folks don't take care of them. I look at them as an investment and since exposure to the sun can really do some damage, I rarely do out without some sort of protection on those that could be exposed to sunlight. But, overtime they will show their age no matter how much care you take, it the reality of skin.

I have a few on my arm that are over eight to ten years old, I am in my mid 40's and they look like they are brand new. But then again, I put so much SPF-70+ on them and I lotion it up twice a day I would hope they would still look good. The sun can be one of your worst enemy when it comes to tattoos.

I have a friend who's tattoo on his arm is already faded and showing it's age after two years, but then again he is always in tank tops, no sun screen/block and then he wonders why.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I posted that link on facebook, and I was surprised by the number of people on my friend's list that replied with an opposing opinion, stating theirs had not faded or degraded. One of those people who has a tat on her ankle, actually does look mottled. I didn't post it there on FB to start a debate but rather help others who I know are contemplating a tattoo. I understand many people have pristine tattoos, yet its nice to have all of the info in front of you to make an informed decision.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Some look fantastic, but like @maflynn said, they just don’t hold up over time.

21. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

I am firm believer that you need to take care of them, which I know a lot of folks don't. Hence no more sun, or very little sun for me, lots of lotion, and lots of sunblock.