Now THIS is a big phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sedrick, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Samsung is here to play. They are kicking out some serious hardware. I think they are trying to become the GE of the 21st century.

2. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

4. CZK macrumors 6502a

Lets hope that the OS can use all this power in an efficient way.

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I like the bigger screen and I like that there is less bezel around it so it really isn't that much bigger. Sounds good on the other fronts too.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Purrty. I like the 4.5 inch screen. Slap that on an iPhone and I'm in heaven. Sadly though it may never happen

7. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

8. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Dumb. It's like buying a semi for your daily driver. The only excuse is if you're a truck driver. Buy a tablet if you need something so big. Ridiculous.

9. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

10. RenoG macrumors 65816

Silly very silly and if folks want to walk around looking silly with that tablet sized phone to their head then so be it...

11. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

If this thing has a full RGB subpixel system, it could be quite sweet, but if it's the same pentile matrix crap on the Galaxy S, then FAIL. The subpixels on IPS screens are so tiny that even on the Droid Milestone, I cannot see the pixels from about 10 inches away. Contrast that with the PIXELATED Galaxy S.

12. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

LOL at fanboys complaining about the dot pitch on smartphones.

Dude, your crappy 22" monitor has huge pixels and I doubt you complain about it. Kind of makes it hard to take you seriously.

13. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

LOL. Um, I was criticizing the PENTILE MATRIX subpixel system used on the SAMOLED displays. Get a clue. Since you don't know what Pentile Matrix is, Google it and educate yourself first.

My 37-inch (apparently, you can't read either) IPS HDTV blows away just about any computer monitor for color accuracy and image quality...and yeah, it has a standard RGB subpixel system whereby I can hardly distinguish the pixels from a mere 3-feet away (which is normal viewing distance for a 37-inch TV).

On a Galaxy S - with its atrociously cheap and poor pentile matrix screen - anyone with decent eyes can spot its jagged pixels from normal viewing distances. It has nothing to do with pixel pitch, but the fact that pentile matrix screens are missing 33% of the subpixels found on regular displays and can produce only 2 sets of colors within each side of the subpixel system. Confused by these fun facts? Learn something before laughing, noob.

14. themadrussian macrumors regular

I already have something twice this size in my pants - I don't think I've got room for a phone this large...

15. Sedrick thread starter macrumors 68030

Sedrick

4.5" is definitely over the top, but the more larger screen phones come out, the smaller the iphone's 3.5 screen looks.

16. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

That phone is just too big, 4.5" is too much, 4" MAX!

And it's a single core phone too, wait till MWC in February... where dual core Galaxy S2 is supposed to be announced.