Now TV app? (UK)

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by virginblue4, Oct 30, 2015.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

2. BMox macrumors 6502

BMox

Now TV have said they will be releasing their app in the next couple of days.

3. StevenWalker macrumors regular

NO.

There is currently no Now TV app for the ATV4

4. Ducky280 macrumors regular

Nope :(

There saying its "COMING SOON" that's all

See nowtv forum

5. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

work:Oyu Tolgio, Home:LOS, From Scotland G15
    I installed this last night, but it keeps giving me an error when trying to sign in

did anyone get this to work?

6. RB1959 macrumors member

RB1959

I've been using it since the ATV4 came out, it works great, even on my lousy 8mbps line.

7. mclog macrumors newbie

I got a login error until I completed the purchase of a Pass and accepted the T&C on the website. Since then, no problem.

8. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

I’ve’ signed up for the free 14 days pass, and I can watch on my mac mini, however when I try to use it on my ATV4, iphone 6S, or ipad air a, I get sign in error
    I can sign in using safari on ios, and then it says “launch the app to watch content”, the app fails to launch time after time.

9. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

update
    I decided to change my password, as my current one has some characters which I thought were affecting the ios sign in, this decision was made whilst I was coiling some rope, it appears my best decisions are made whilst I'm do that.

After changing my password the ios app now works, WTF

10. BSben macrumors 6502a

The Now TV app for Apple TV is not that great, firstly the usual 14 day trial is cut to 7 when you start it from Apple TV, I found some playback choppy, and there seems to be no intuitive way of transferring your account so that you can use it on more devices apart from Apple TV.

11. breezeblocks macrumors newbie

I use this and think it's a great way of watching sky movies without having to have a sky package. I buy 2 month movie passes on eBay to save money too!

Worst aspect is managing devices you use it on, it only allows 4 at a time and it doesn't allow you to change this easily.

12. Sakurambo-kun macrumors 6502

Sakurambo-kun

The Now TV app on the ATV 4 is probably the worst video streaming app I've ever seen. It's not only eye wateringly ugly, but lacks even the most rudimentary of stock features, such as a My List equivalent, last watched list, etc. It's abysmal. There's a huge thread on the Now TV message board where people are asking when Sky are going to fix it, but it's pretty clear that they never will. It's simply a port of their already terrible and very basic ATV 3 app which hasn't been updated in years.

Now TV is a lot better on every other platform, try it on a Roku, PS4, Xbox One, LG Smart TV etc. Light years ahead, but sadly still stuck with the same over compressed 720p video with 2.0 stereo sound. It's a long, long way from a high end experience. Netflix and Amazon make it look like a real amateur hour effort, but Sky have a few big exclusives of course, such as Game of Thrones.

13. BSben macrumors 6502a

My main problem is that playback is very choppy, despite a very fast internet connection.

14. BSben macrumors 6502a

I wold love to get rid of cable, but so far NOW TV is not that great

15. McScooby macrumors 6502

Get a 6mth voucher off amazon, I've seen them occasionally for £18, but paid £24 for mine on a deal of the day, with a box I'll never use, £4/mth - bargain, avoids apple's premium.

Log into nowtv.com & manage devices under device management, delete device you don't want, add app to device you do & log in, what's hard here?

Can only assume you're on wireless, check your network, got mine on wired, it's rock solid & is never choppy, not same as netflix, then again is only 720p as per Sky.

16. geesus macrumors regular

geesus

They definitely need to improve the app though. Hell, a basic wish-list feature would be a start.

17. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Sky HD is 1080i to be fair

I had been considering cancelling Sky and just using NOW TV to save myself a few £ per month, but it sounds like the app isn't quite there yet. Which is a shame, though I suspect all their efforts are going in to Sky Q

18. breezeblocks macrumors newbie

Log into nowtv.com & manage devices under device management, delete device you don't want, add app to device you do & log in, what's hard here?

Tried this just the other day and now tv wouldn't let me add a new device until the following month as there was already 4 devices registered. It's workable but needlessly frustrating especially if you just wanted to watch a film at your friends. Unless I'm doing something wrong (very possible)

19. entropyfl macrumors regular

I got rid of sky a few years back I just use iTunes to buy the shows that i actually watch.. I think it works out cheaper as I was budgeting that the sky package is £30 a month and then I only watch about 8 regular shows which also average around the £30 mark give or take plus through in a few movie rentals through out the year etc.

Plus you own the shows to re watch whenever you like etc

20. andrewstirling macrumors regular

I think that's exactly what it's designed to stop...

21. rasputin1969 macrumors 6502

I bought a sports package on my macbook, did a quick 10 second playback on my macbook to make sure it worked, and then tried to watch a game on my apple TV, but I couldn't - I'd reached the device limit, which, for the first month - is one device. I started a chat session with nowTV's customer support but they wouldn't reset my device limit.

Fine, I now understand that they enforce strick, anti-consumer restrictions. Good for them, but I won't be using them.

22. andrewstirling macrumors regular

Yeah that's absolutely absurd!

23. SpinalTap macrumors regular

SpinalTap

Last year, when I tried Sky Movies via NowTV on my ATV3, Dolby Digital wasn't available.

Has this changed, or is 2 Channel/stereo still the norm?

24. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

FYI - I've just seen a cracking deal for Now TV; Curry's are selling off boxes with a 12 month entertainment pass AND a 12 month movie pass for £55. In store only unfortunately, but worth a look if you're passing one

25. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

I've just seen a Movie + entertainment 6 month pack for 50 pounds , on the Now TV site.
    I previously had some packages but cancelled them so I'm not sure if its because I'm a returning customer etc.