Now What? More Waiting? (Next iPad)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by onepremiere, Sep 17, 2012.

1. onepremiere macrumors regular

Now that we've got the iPhone 5 out of the way, how long till we see a refreshed iPad or "Mini"?

With the introduction of the new connector, I would rather wait for the iPad to received the new connector.

Anyone else agree?

I have a 1st Gen iPad 64GB 3G/Wifi that I use a lot. I was never a huge fan of the iPad till I really started to play with it. Now I use it for everything, go figure. It was a hand me down gift when the current iPad was released. Once I got to play with the current gen iPad, I wanted to update mine.

Are we still really looking at October?

Considering the land slide of iPhone 5 Rumors, some of which were pretty dead on, I'd expect we'd be seeing the same for the iPad or iPad "Mini" if there is in fact something coming in October.

Now you could argue the iPhone 5 production is the primary focus right now, so my expectations have been drawn back a bit.

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

For a mini? Possibly
    For a regular iPad update? No.

3. onepremiere thread starter macrumors regular

I am going to speculate that if there is an annocement in October, it will be the iMac/Mac Mini or iMac/13" Mac Book Pro, Ect.

I don't know how a iPad Mini would fit into that announcement.

However, the announcement of a iPad "Mini" is there is such a thing, would make sense given the upcoming holidays. But then you could argue that the 4th QT will do just fine given the millions of iPhones that will be sold, so... It could be the anchor for the 1st QT or 2013.

:confused::confused::confused:

4. iPhonePlaya macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat, i really wanted to get the new iPad for christmas this year, but I think I'm going to wait until they upgrade it to have the Lightning port.

I don't want to be stuck using different cables because I'll have the iPhone 5 and it just doesn't make sense for me to buy the iPad and be using it for the next couple years and have to switch back and forth between a soon to be outdated 30 pin connector and lightning

5. Bokes macrumors 6502

They could fit it in with the simple statement-

"oh- and one more thing...."

6. xofruitcake macrumors 6502a

I think we have a fair chance that Ipad 3 will be relaunched. At a minimum, they need to change the connector from the 30 pin to the new 8 pins one. But there are also rumor floating that Apple is going to reworked Ipad 3 with new glass and new component to cut down the battery requirement and save money in the manufacturing cost (which is the reason Apple is interesting in reworking Ipad 3). Ipad 3 use a retina glass that require a lot of back light and the LTE chip demand a lot of power. Hence they have to put in a bigger battery.. Looks like newer glass (at least according to the rumor) is available that don't need as many back light and new LTE chip that don't need as much power (Qualcom chip used in Iphone 5??). It will be a win/win for Apple and customer. I will give it a 50/50 chance of something happening in the Ipad 3 area...

7. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Everything you described can be done next year in the normal release cycle. No reason to have to make all those changes right now out of cycle.

8. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Let us know if you have anything new to inform...Your entire story dates back to March-16th when iPad-3 was launched. It is now a stale story. Let us know if you have any Breaking news/information rather than what you think Apple sould do, or what it has done so far with iPad-3, becomes boring...