Now What?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spykedmartini, Jun 9, 2008.

1. spykedmartini macrumors member

i bought an iphone in the last 5 months, and now, the iphone is 200 dollars cheaper. The same thing happened with the 8GB price drop. The people who bought 8 gigs got 100 dollar rebates. What about me? What about all of the other people who bought iphones recently? What about us? What now?

2. witchdrash macrumors member

Life is tough, you took a gamble that something better wouldn't come out at a cheaper price, it did, you got burnt, deal with it, hell I have a nearly useless HD DVD player that cost me £200 sitting not 3 feet from me, so I know how it feels but that's just life.

I don't have iPhone, I knew Apple were going to release a 3G one and I knew it would suit me far better than the current model, so I waited, and I will buy this model, what happens if in 6 months they make it cheaper? I carry on, no different, I got 5 months of use, when others didn't, that's my premium, that's your premium, you have an iPhone so deal with it.

3. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

5 months? Are you kidding me.

Mods delete this thread.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You get out. You had five months.

5. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i am sooooooo glad I sold my 16GB for $504. going without for 2months is woth the $200

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Five months is a long time. Note that those who bought an iPhone since late May can swap theirs for the 3G iPhone (no price break though)

8. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

Steve Jobs said he'd make a 3G iPhone a year ago, how did you not see this coming :/ What does it matter anyway, you still have a great phone..?

9. impact_blue macrumors regular

You get a free 3G iphone if you bought your phone after May 27..

As for you, you bought yours 5 months ago! You should get a slap in the back of the head for even asking. =P

10. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Keep reading and do the math for the new rate plans. ATT is making up for the "subsidies" by charging more for data and SMS. 3G and full GPS don't make iphone2 a 'must have', especially with old iphones getting the 2.0 firmware and app store.

11. witchdrash macrumors member

Yeah it does if you use the data and have a crappy sat nav like I do, but if you just use it as a phone and music player, guess not, except yours will look so 2007.