Now you're playing with POWER!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by GFLPraxis, Jul 13, 2007.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I met Shigeru Miyamoto today.

He rocked.

And he signed my DS Lite.

My life is complete.

Blog link, more info

I also met all the G4 stars, got Adam Sessler's autograph, and chatted with the IGN Nintendo team and Nintendo Executive Vice President yesterday, as well as tons of other awesome people.
    [​IMG]
    See blog post.

2. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Cool. Olivia is smoking hot. She's the only reason I ever go near G4.

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So you got a signed DS :cool: OK... so basically you chickened out of sticking myamoto in your backpack and legging it. :rolleyes: REMEMBER THE PLAN ;) We were gonna sell him on ebay, :(:D

5. wako macrumors 65816

Sell him on ebay? I would put him in my trophy case :D

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The godfather of gaming. Ruddy nora. You better pray that autograph doesn't flake/fade away.

7. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You know, guys...I thought the day was perfect. I was wrong.

Now the day is perfect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reggie Fils-Aime. He confirmed to me that he can, in fact, kill a man by looking at him.

The corner of the R from Reggie's name is starting to rub off already. The DS Lite's plastic does not seem to hold the Sharpie very well. If I get the DS Lite lacquered...will it be good?

8. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Okay, now I am jealous.:D

9. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Okay, so I'm sitting in the Apple store making the post about Reggie on their WiFi network, right? I walk out of the Apple store, and we (me and Mark, other NP guy here with me) see two Japanese guys that seem oddly familiar. So I walk up to the older one and start chatting, he only speaks Japanese, I ask what company, he understands and says Nintendo, convo is a bit awkward for a minute.

We talk, we show him we're Nintendo Players, we shake hands, we leave. We start talking about how oddly familiar he is. I stop. On a hunch, I walk back into the Apple store and type in Google, "Aonuma". Bam, that older Japanese guy's face pops up. My jaw drops, and I turn my head to look outside of the Apple store to see Aonuma standing there, as Miyamoto walks up to him with a couple other Japanese guys (totalling five) and they group together in a circle.

E3 is over at this point; we had lunch, we went in the Apple store, and BAM, here's a Nintendo buddy group on a shopping trip!

So now I got Aonuma (Director of Zelda) to sign my DS too, and we got a sweet pic!

[​IMG]

10. wako macrumors 65816

I think it is time you invest in a display case that is air tight filled with argon gas.

11. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

You can stop ANYTIME, ya know? :p

Seriously, nice job though. :D

12. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Haha, I just realized that this was like the ultimate fanboy dream. Meeting Miyamoto and Aonuma in an Apple Store.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

13. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Any advice anyone can give me for making this stick would be GREAT. You'll probably notice the R is a bit smudged already.

I was thinking Lacquer.

EDIT:
    Did I mention that my DS has the Geometry Wars Alpha on it? I played a multiplayer game against the dev, I was beating him but died first, he started panicing as I was whooping him. I closed my DS instead of shutting it off, and apparently the single player game was transferred with the DS Download Play, so I can play Geometry Wars until I turn my DS off.

14. pcypert macrumors 6502

Is that one sig supposed to make eyes or boobies? :D

Paul

15. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Those signatures and photos are quite clearly fakes and I think you should post the DS Lite to me so that I can check their veracity.

:D

(I'm not at all impressed or jealous. Honest!)

16. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

17. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I was about to mention you might want to protect it. I was thinking more like a clear skin or something along the lines of a screen protector, but for the body of the system..

18. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

19. wako macrumors 65816

Im sorry, maybe im just perverted, but when I saw that close up shot, for a second I thought someone drew boobs on your DS, only to see its the mOtO in the miyamoto... why the dots in the Os...

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I assume it's to make two eyes, see how the T seperates them and gives the eyelids. ;)

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Caroline says you can use something like "Ardspray", or just ask around model shops. There are lots of sprays and stuff to keep it on :)

But still... wow! Aonuma, Shigsy and Reggie. Wow. I don't think I'd use that DS ever again.

22. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Apple Inc. :D

24. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

For preserving the awesome sigs maybe try clearcoat? Krylon crystal something or other. I think that would work. I would just spray the front. Mask off the rest and just spray the front. Test it on a similar surface to make sue it won't shift or dilute the Sharpie black.

25. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58