Now's the time to sell your iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sdwhite1215, Feb 14, 2012.

1. sdwhite1215 macrumors member

Put mine on ebay yesterday around lunch time and it was sold last night.

Sold a iPad 2 16gb Verizon 3G. Was purchased using Buy it Now option for $525 + $10 shipping.

This was with engraving on the back as well.

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Make sure the buyer is 100% legit. Its prime time to mug people off selling high end electronics.

If it is legit, well done :)

3. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Great price. eBay just scares me anymore. It seems like its a 50/50 chance.

4. deeddawg, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012

deeddawg macrumors 603

Good price considering refurb 16GB/3G ipad2's are $550 from Apple.com

Follow all the ebay/paypal shipping guidelines. Don't cheap out and skip insurance or signature confirmation.

Sold my ipad2 via Amazon. I'd listed it there and Craigslist.

I think the market is already softening based on skimming recent ebay prices; with the anticipated March release hitting the mainstream media (Wall Street Journal) public awareness of a new version is increasing.

5. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

I am selling my iPad 2 32 gb wifi to a family member for $400. Could I get more? Yes. But I can keep the iPad 2 until I get the 3, and plus I am more than happy to give someone in my family a good deal.

6. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Same here, sold to family member 16wifi, she can't have it till I get iPad3 in my hand :)

7. iWantThat macrumors member

Good deal for you. At most you would only get an additional $50-$75 selling it on craigslsit or the like and you would have to sell it today. That money is easily worth the peace of mind of not having to deal with a complete stranger/scammer.

8. Litflynt912 macrumors newbie

right now is the ideal time to get the most back for your iPad 2...
    mine is on ebay and is at $350 with 5 days to go (expecting the low 400 range) since it comes with the leather smart case.

Once the iPad 3 is introduced, the 2's on the refurb site will probably drop to the $319 range like the iPad 1 did.

we have about a weeks window until prices start bottoming out - but even if you keep your iPad 2 for a month or so - iPad 1's are going for the low $300 range...

the iPad holds it value pretty darn well

9. billyfcc macrumors newbie

Just sold my iPad 2 32gb 3g ATT for $600 on Amazon. I posted it and sold it under an hour. iPad 3 here we come.

10. GLOC macrumors member

All I need is an iPad2, so just waiting for the prices of 64Gb Wifi/3G to drop :D

Regards

11. cskroeze macrumors newbie

agreed

I agree, I think we'll start seeing prices for iPad 2s start to decline pretty rapidly starting this week. The mainstream media has given lots of attention to the release of the iPad 3, even the possibility of Apple keeping the iPad 2 around at a discounted price. I didn't want to take my chances on losing another $100 of value if I had waited until after the update is released.

I just sold my iPad 2 32GB wifi only w/ smart cover for $450 to a friend/coworker. I could have probably gotten an extra $50 for it, but this is way easier and, compared to Craigslist, safer. hah.

Now the terrible, terrible, wait until I can get my iPad 3....

12. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

My ad is currently on Craigslist (just posted today). I'm hoping to sell it soon for a decent amount. In hindsight I probably should've posted my ad last week, but oh well.

I kept telling myself I wouldn't sell my iPad 2 and give in to the iPad 3 rumours, yet here I am.

13. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

i also sold mine yesterday. it tooked 2 hours to be sold. 8000 mexican pesos, something like 600 dollars. iPad 3 here i come too :D

14. sdwhite1215 thread starter macrumors member

I kept telling myself the same thing over the weekend while reading iPad 3 rumors. Yet here I am also.

15. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Haha, hopefully our weak willpower will pay off with an awesome iPad 3!