NPR Live Radio

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by kagharaht, Feb 16, 2018.

1. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

Hi guys. How do I get HP to play Live NPR Radio? Every time I ask, Siri just plays the headline news? Am I saying the wrong phrase? I ask "Hey Siri Play NPR News" it works, but its just headlines and then stops.??

2. lch6257 macrumors member

3. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh Duh on my part! LOL...

4. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried it and yes it sorta plays it. Its just recorded and loops to the same segment over and over. So its not really true radio streaming from NPR. Kinda disappointing. Do I need to subscribe to Apple Music?

5. MacBird macrumors 6502a

AirPlay from your phone or computer should work.

6. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I understand that, but whats the point of having NPR available on HP when you still need an iPhone to play it? lol

7. MacBird, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018

MacBird macrumors 6502a

You could choose a specific NPR station. :) I just tried to say 'play NPR radio' and 'play WNYC' and it worked fine.

8. Phil77354 macrumors regular

Phil77354

I just tried to listen to NPR radio on my iMac using iTunes. Interestingly, I find that the iTunes menu bar is now not showing any of the Airplay choices that are available when playing music (either from my iTunes library, or using Apple Music). I can therefore only play to, at most, one of my HomePod speakers, only by selecting that by using the Sound preferences.

If I switch back to an Apple Music station, the Airplay options return and I can stream to multiple HomePods.

9. 809NOLA macrumors newbie

I just discovered that I can say "Hey Siri, play New Orleans public radio" and it will say "Now Playing NPR News, WWNO, New Orleans Radio". Dang, that works well. Also tried it with San Diego Public Radio and it started playing live KPBS Radio. Not sure this is advertised anywhere.

10. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

I’m in Arizona. I guess it’s sucks here LOL! cuz I can’t get it to work like you guys. Are you all Apple Music subscribers?

11. douglasf13 macrumors 68000

Yep, I just did the same thing for Oregon (OPB.)

12. digduggler macrumors 6502

Nothing in Birmingham. Must just be some markets that are in the store.

I’m tired of getting told all the options when I ask for the latest news. It never stops.