NRC App: Possible to Edit Run on Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ser968, Nov 1, 2016.

1. ser968 macrumors member

Background is that I run inside on treadmills and I used to use an old iPod Touch with the Nike+iPod app and a Nike sneaker dongle to track my runs. At the end of each workout, I would adjust/edit the run mileage to match the treadmill mileage.

I was excited to use the Apple Watch to track my runs, but I haven't been able to figure out how to edit my runs on the watch itself. I know that I can go into the NRC app on my iPhone and edit the run, but I would prefer to be able to do this right away on the watch. Has anyone figured out if this is possible?

Thanks!

2. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

I ran on an indoor track today and also came to the conclusion that you cannot edit the distance on the watch.

I don't think the Apple watch sensors get calibrated the same way the nano does.

As an aside, I have had two outdoor runs with my Apple watch using GPS tracking. I think the watch's accelerometer is pretty accurate. My indoor run was recorded at 1.95 miles after 32 laps of a 1/16 track. I've never measured the track, but it's not out of the question that the 1/16 distance is incorrect. Could also be that they measured the middle lane.

Maybe apple got this right by using the GPS to calibrate the accelerometer.