NSMB in 1080p

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by e²Studios, Dec 5, 2009.

1. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

http://kingofgng.com/eng/2009/12/04/...-wii-at-1080p/

The videos are pretty nice, its a shame Nintendo let HD slide this generation.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Exactly. If anything games like God Of War 2 (from the GOW collection) have proved is that it doesn't matter if texture hasn't necesserilly increased, the improvement in resolution really does add to the end users experience and improves the game hugely graphics wise even if all the other assets are the same.

All wii games would benefit from improved resolution, even if that was the only thing that was HD.

Wii emulated pictures / grabs of Super Mario Galaxy likewise tell a similar story. It looks dramatically improved even if the only thing increased is resolution.

Wii-HD should be seen sooner rather than later please Nintendo. (Oh and build the motion plus into your controller too - the wii remote is getting huge).

edit..

http://kingofgng.com/eng/index.php?s=super+mario

link fix

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Besides there are filters and effects that can be placed over the textures to make it look better.
    Whilst yea, it looks great, I'm not going to begrudge it for not being in HD. With or without higher resolutions it (along with some other Wii games) are pretty damn great. Just hope that if they do a Wii HD at some point that all these older games will run at higher resolutions too.

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

speaking of which, I still wanna get my PS2 emulator going. The GAF thread on it makes the games look orgasmic.