NSPOSIXErrorDomain:12

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by looneysbin, Nov 17, 2007.

1. looneysbin macrumors newbie

Hi

My friend's ibook G4 is running 10.4.6. He just bought an ipod Touch, but he needs to upgrade his iTunes to use it. So to upgrade iTunes he needs 10.4.7. He does not have an internet connection. So I shared my internet connection with him. His network prefs say he is connected to the internet via my airport but when we open safari it won't load pages and says 'NSPOSIXErrorDomain:12'

How do we fix this? I am running an Intel Core Duo iMac 10.4.11.

Any help would be much appreciated. Have checked google but it all seems very confusing and not pertinent to our exact problem. He ispretty desperate cos at the moment he is watching all my girly music videos.

Cheers.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

How exactly did you set up the internet sharing?

3. looneysbin thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi mad jew, thanks for the reply.

Um. well i went to sharing under sys prefs then i allowed personal web sharing under the services tab and ticked share your connection from 'wireless network adapter' (i get internet wirelessly... like a 3G thing) to computers using airport and wireless network adapter' then start.

it has worked with my friend's macbook core duo every time in the past.

thanks again for any help.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you tried creating a new network location on your friend's iBook?

5. looneysbin thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your help mad jew. we just decided in the end to install my usb mobile card modem thingy on his computer to download 10.4.11 and itunes. easier all round! dont know what the problem was. but thanks for your help anyway!

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew