NSTableView problem in xcode 6

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by larswik, Jan 26, 2015.

1. larswik macrumors 68000

It looks like Apple changed something and I can't figure it out. I looked at some old osx apps that work but a new project I am working on isn't.

Simple set up so far, TableView with 2 columns and when I press an NSButton it should fill the tableview with "102" in the ID column and "Pet Lounge..."

Included 4 photos to better illustrate what I see. The screen shot at 4:03 shows that I labeled the the text cells and also the identifier to the right under the identity inspector.

2 of the photos show the identifier is "idNum" and the other show the Client object has a value for idNum that is "102" which should be returned.

The last image is of the app after I pressed the button 3 times, it just says "Text View Cell" 3 times. I'm pretty sure I am missing something simple here and something has changed with the NSTableViews from previous versions. I did search for tutorials but everything I followed was old, nothing from xcode 6. Anyone have an idea of the step that I am missing?

Code:
    #import "TableViewController.h"

@implementation TableViewController

-(id)init{
        self = [super init];
        if (self) {
            list = [[NSMutableArray alloc]init];
        }

return self;
    }

-(void)awakeFromNib{
        tableView.delegate = self;
        tableView.dataSource = self;
    }

-(IBAction)addButton:(id)sender{

[list addObject:[[Client alloc]init]];
        [tableView reloadData];
    }

-(NSInteger)numberOfRowsInTableView:(NSTableView *)tableView{
        return [list count];
    }

-(id)tableView:(NSTableView *)tableView objectValueForTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *)tableColumn row:(NSInteger)row{
        Client *c = [list objectAtIndex:row];
        NSString *identifier = [tableColumn identifier];

return [c valueForKey:identifier];

}

Attached Files:

2. Ritsuka, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015

Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

Lion introduced view-based tableviews that works in a different way. If your tableview is view-based you to implement the

Code:
    - (NSView *)tableView:(NSTableView *)tableView
       viewForTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *)tableColumn
                      row:(NSInteger)row;
    data source method.

You can switch between cell-based and view-based tableviews in the xib. If you don't need 10.6 compatibility you should use the view-based one.

3. larswik thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the reply, I will check it out today. I do need 10.6 since that is the os that it will need to run on at work.