Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doogle

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2003
Australia
ChrisH3677 said:
I read Mac Man and Bleeding Edge in The Age's Green Guide. MacMan is one of the main reasons I switched. I kept reading his articles and salivating.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/opinion/macman/index.html

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/opinion/theedge/index.html

Yeah the Macman he really is under-rated as a writer. He has done much good for the Apple community (at least in Aus)

BTW Someone earlier referenced the Buzzle disaster as the reason for the disparity in exchange rates/cost of Mac...I think he was right.

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Les Kern said:
Here is my answer to the question of "leftovers". Okay, I over-ordered laptops (background), so maybe, just maybe..... :)

:D Nice picture. But shipping to Germany would be probably too expensive anyway, not to mention the customs... ;)

I love sigbn language! :p

Cheers,

groovebuster

kjwebb

macrumors regular
May 19, 2003
Australia
Kangaroo's, Wombats?

All I see people riding in canberra is bikes (moterbikes and bicycles), and also people catching ACTION buses and driving cars, trucks and utes (including good ol' holden ute's).

And the beachball spins right if I remember correctly (damn I should get to bed. Goodnight).

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2004
London, England
This is obviously good news, but surely it isn't until a major company adopts Mac that things will change. If that happens, more people know about Macs & may even buy 1 of their own. How many big companies actually use Macs? Any news that they might change to Macs? I know there's the FedEx news, but what happened the to outcome of that?

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
210 said:
This is obviously good news, but surely it isn't until a major company adopts Mac that things will change. If that happens, more people know about Macs & may even buy 1 of their own.

Actually a government service will have more impact because:
a) everyone uses it at some point making for maximuim exposure through own or others experiences,
b) a government company is far less likely to take risks with what is almost goverment critical infratstructure, so this would encourage the private sector to use it for reliability

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
aswitcher said:
Actually a government service will have more impact

and governments are usually one of the biggest employers.

This deal alone means at least 1200 people will use Macs who probably haven't before... Plus thousands will see them when they come in to get their licence, rego etc done. And being iMacs, they won't go un-noticed.

Virtually every adult in NSW will be exposed to Macs in the next few years because of this deal!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.