NTFS for Mac OS X released ...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by CalfCanuck, Feb 4, 2008.

1. CalfCanuck macrumors 6502a

2. 9Charms macrumors regular

9Charms

That would be so cool if it works as advertised. Hopefully someone out there can tell us. I'd be most worried about data corruption. I remember that there was some other utility that would let Macs read NTFS, but it created a lot of write errors...

3. noi375 macrumors member

I am currently using it. I saw it on some support forums that it had issues writing big video files, but I personally cannot confirm that (as Mac has problem playing some of the video files I have anyway, and I always forgot to test it in Windows to see whether it was corrupted). Other than that issue (and deleting files on the Mac side in NTFS partitions takes FOREVER), it seems to be working fine - help me to "Transport" files between Mac and Windows on the same machine easily.

4. kem macrumors newbie

kem

I'm using it as well. I was able to successfully format NTFS partitions in Disk Utility, and copying files to my bootcamp partition has been problem free.

5. macz1 macrumors 6502

macz1

I can also copy files to my NTFS formatted drive but I use MacFuse instead. It's open source and worked whitout a problem for me so far.

Link if you are interested: http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/

6. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Are there any big advantages to this? Is it worth doing?

7. CalfCanuck thread starter macrumors 6502a