ntMBP EU keyboard problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zooole, Dec 19, 2016.

1. zooole macrumors newbie

zooole

2 weeks ago I got a ntMBP with a Hungarian keyboard. 2 weeks in, the Enter button became mushy, and just awful to press. No feeling of a click or that you pressed a button.

On Apple Community, a Danish guy had the same problem with a similar layout (same 2 row enter key) on a 15" model.

To check it out, I went into a local Apple Store (Premium Reseller to be exact), and tried two MacBooks out. One was out for quite a long time, since it was a non-touchbar model and it developed the exact same problem.

The other, newer touchbar model had a perfect feeling to it.

The first thing that came to my mind that it might be a design defect and in that case, I don't have high hopes for Apple to give a damn about it since the English layout is not affected.

I'm quite disappointed. :/

2. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

if you are eligible for the longer return period, send it back. if not, ask them to repair it.

3. dyn macrumors 68030

Before doing that, you might want to try to blast some air underneath the keys. These keys have a very low travel which means that any particles that get trapped underneath will have a much bigger effect (read: the key doesn't always register). You could also ask the premium reseller to do that. If the problem persists, sent it in for repair.