NUDE iPhone 4 case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by onthecouchagain, Jun 13, 2011.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I did a quick search and did not see a topic regarding this product...

I'm wondering if anyone has a NUDE iPhone 4 case, and can comment on how good it is protecting the phone? I'm interested in the ultra clear color, but worry about dust getting into the case; does that happen? Any general comments about this case would be appreciated: http://www.switcheasy.com/products/NUDE_iPhone4/NUDE_iPhone4.php?color=UltraClear#

2. soccer2820 macrumors newbie

The NUDE case was one of the first cases that I purchased for my iPhone back in July, and I was not a huge fan. I had the black case, which was somewhat translucent. It covered the phone decently, but I found the edges to be sharp creating a bit of dust when I would pull the phone out of my pockets. And the case scratched pretty easily, which was a deal breaker for me.

I would suggest trying the Vulcan instead, if you want to go with a thinner Switcheasy case.

As for protecting the phone, it's really low-level protection because it's thin hard plastic. I don't think it would provide much drop protection.

3. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Thank you for your feedback. I was skeptical when the website provided no customer reviews. I'll have to reconsider. I love the ultra clear case because I don't want to have my phone in hiding, but if it's as poor as you say it is, maybe I'll go with case-mate's barely there clear case. I'll check out the Vulcan too.

4. tekbeattv macrumors member

tekbeattv

I actually did a review of this case awhile back ago on my site/youtube channel and was not impressed. I normally love Switcheasy cases but the quality of the NUDE was really lacking. It actually ended up scratching my phone during testing. Hope this helps!

Will

5. Mark98xlt macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Look into the incase snap case, better feeling and doesn't scratch if you get the frost version

6. tp1 macrumors newbie

Suggest the Ozaki iCoat Bubble TPU Case for iPhone 4 to you, really better than nude.

7. yrrej macrumors regular

add me to the list of people against the switcheasy nude. purchased it when it first came out and it came already scratched. the case itself felt cheap and not the usual switcheasy quality. very disappointed. go with something else.

8. lucyna macrumors member

The Incase Perforated Snap Case is good, but I haven't tried it yet.

9. sum500 macrumors newbie

sum500

I found this casenude Extremely good thank you for sharing

10. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I had this case for my 3Gs and didn't like it. Also I've heard quite a few people say it isn't great for the i4. There are many other cases in the 'slim' category that are much better.

11. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

I'd go for the Switcheasy Vulcan. Much better than the NUDE.