Nudes mysteriously reappearing on iCloud?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ByteTheBooty, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ByteTheBooty macrumors regular

After Apple annouced the new iCloud Photos thing where you can have all your pics everywhere on your devices, i decided to make my photo library "nude-free". So after deleting all the photos I didn't want, and turning on the iCloud photo beta thing on my iOS devices and macs, it was all good.

But this weekend, a month after I started the iCloud thing, I decided to restore my iPad ans set it as new since it was getting pretty slow. And after I did so, all the photos I had deleted mysteriously came back!! I have no idea how this happened,I was sure I deleted these photos, even deleted them from the "Deleted" album...how could they reappear? Does that mean they're still on the cloud??

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

It's okay to have nudes in your phone as long as you don't share it with others.

3. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

4. ByteTheBooty thread starter macrumors regular

you sure? I "Set My Phone as New"...?

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

But you signed in on your iCloud account, right ?

6. dictoresno, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015

dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Nudes mysteriously reappearing on iCloud?

They are probably in an old iCloud backup. So when you restored from backup, it loaded the old pics too. Delete the pics and the backup then perform a new backup.

7. MCSN macrumors regular

MCSN

i constantly have photos reappearing in the cloud that I have deleted, moved or imported. completely annoying. none of them are nudes.

8. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

He didn't restore from the backup, but he probably signed in his iCloud profile, where the photos contained in the backup were.

9. Trahearne macrumors 6502

10. golfnut1982 macrumors regular

golfnut1982

11. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

iCloud and iPhoto really really don't want you to permanently delete a picture. I've had the same issue with some fun photos with an ex-girlfriend that the current girlfriend (who I live with and who uses all my iDevices) would not appreciate seeing. They are darn hard to get rid of.
    My experience here is a several years ago, so I can't provide relevant tech advice. But I can appreciate how frustrating and a little scary this is. It really is hard to figure out a way to make sure these things are "gone".

12. TheFirmBiz macrumors newbie

Same here, extremely annoying, it only happens on my iPad tho

13. technosix macrumors 6502a

Just like the proprietary closed system we live in with our Apple products, it's about "capturing the customers and their data". As such it makes it hard to leave Apple for a competitor.

Apple silently continues to build massive server farms in data centers, so as to have endless storage capacity. No need to delete or move is Apple's goal and they've achieved it. Now with more cash reserves and hourly income streams of staggering proportions, Apple is taking over.

14. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

These are the problems we deal with in this day and age.