Nullriver Medialink (Mac to PS3) - Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cmcbridejr, Jan 30, 2009.

1. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

Since I am posting this question, I obviously have a PS3 and Mac.

Is Nullriver's Medialink software worth the $20?

I have read many reviews of people not being able to get it to work properly. However, those are old reviews and I can't find anything current. What is the current status of this software? Is it stable and easy to use?

Thanks in advance.

2. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Hey there,
    yes, it is very much worth it. I use it myself almost everyday and also just set it up at my parents house for them to stream.

The software is very stable and very very easy to use. If I were you, I'd jump right on in.
    Dan x

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I have it, and use it at least every other day with my PS3. I love it, but at times have trouble with my video stream shuddering... I would still say it's worth as my problem has recently occurred with the latest version of the software. They always have a nice software update fix and I'm fine with that. Besides whenever I have a problem I just copy what ever media to my PS3's HDD temporarily and that always works flawlessly. You wont be disappointed. It's worth it.

4. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

I find that when the video stutters, pressing pause ('start') and then play sorts the stutter out. I have a really bad router in this house and the software is pretty flawless.

5. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Best PS3 streaming software for the Mac by miles. EyeConnect is just rubbish.

6. downingp macrumors 6502a

I am using Medialink and I think it is a great program. However, the problem I run into is that it doesn't support Apple Lossless format. For me this is my only complaint as >90% of my music is in Apple Lossless format.

Anyone know when Medialink will support Apple Lossless?

7. cmcbridejr thread starter macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

I just wanted to follow up with my inquiry.

Well, I took the plunge and bought the software. Let me say, it is worth it!

My PS3 recognized my Mac's iLife right away with no configurations necessary.

Thanks to all who gave me the thumbs up!

Recommended to all!