Num lock on new macbooks

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zalcitabine, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Zalcitabine macrumors newbie

I recently bought a new aluminium macbook 2.0 and just found out that it doesn't have any form of Num lock. Problem is, i need the numeric keypad to use Blender.

I know that i can emulate the keypad through the use of the regular key numbers if i select the "System and OpenGL" menu in the top-most window of Blender. But it is too time-consuming when you need the keypad often.

I've searched for an answer here and elsewhere but didn't have much luck so far.

Is there a way to emulate the numeric keypad with a short cut like with the function or command key? If no i suppose my only option is buying a stand-alone keypad.

thanks for the help,
    Z

woohoo first post!

2. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Wait, it's no longer the alt function for F6?

3. Zalcitabine thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i just found this while looking again for an answer.

I don't have "Num lock" written on my F6 key nor do i have the small numbers on the keys like you have on most laptops that don't have a numeric keypad but have a num lock key.

Looks like i don't have the choice but to buy a separate USB numeric keypad because i will need it for Blender but also Finale (music edition software).

4. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

I think Apple got rid of the num pad on laptop keyboards with the previous MacBook update :(