Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spikespike

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Hey there,

I have a 2.16ghz 20 (22?) inch iMac (not current generation, 1 generation behind at this point). The number pad on my keyboard does not work on the main admin account. The pad works on all new accts created on the computer. However, the admin account was created when I transferred all docs, settings etc from my old iBook when I got the new iMac.

I'm pretty sure the iBook settings caused this, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Granted, I could move everything over to a new acct on the computer, but thats a lot of work and I'm a little lazy :D. Anyone know any quicker solutions?

gusious

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2007
Greece
Why would ibook create that problem?If you are sure then try creating another account from system prefs>accounts>click on the + sign on the left corner.

I personally think that your keyboard has a problem...

spikespike

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Why would ibook create that problem?If you are sure then try creating another account from system prefs>accounts>click on the + sign on the left corner.

I personally think that your keyboard has a problem...

Not the keyboard. I've switched several keyboard's through (including a brand new one) and the problem persists.

Did you read all the way through? I said I didn't want to create a new account. I suspect I could just trash some pref's and be done with it, I just don't know which ones.

spikespike

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Granted, I could move everything over to a new acct on the computer, but thats a lot of work and I'm a little lazy . Anyone know any quicker solutions?

I was looking for a plist, but perhaps I will just have to transfer it all over...

gusious

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2007
Greece
Ohhhhhhh..... Well by making a new account i didn't mean also moving all of your stuff into the new account. Just see if you are correct(something from the ibook is causing problems).

If you are correct then you shouldn't have any problems in your new account so we just have to find the d@mn plist....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.