Numba - Puzzle Mode- Stuck on 40, any tips?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ewiley28, Aug 19, 2008.

1. ewiley28 macrumors newbie

I'm stuck on level 40 of Numba, "Slowly Now". It's one where there are ice cubes at the top of 5 columns and fire cubes at the bottom of these columns with sixe numbers in between in each of the columns. I just can't figure it out. Anyone have any tips for getting rid of all 30 of the middle numbers in five moves or less?

2. belly macrumors newbie

Hey I'm also stuck on this level doing my head in!! Did you ever work it out........

3. mlholli macrumors newbie

listen to the level title. Take your time, only use 3 cubes at a time.

4. ewiley28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, something else you might have seen in one of the previous levels. If you are left with just ice blocks (or just ice blocks plus some other plain blocks that aren't a full run), the ice blocks will convert without their being fire. So try to deal with all your normal blocks first.

Edit: my sister-in-law was trying the game and I looked at the tutorial with her and turns out my memory was a little weak. The behaviour of the ice blocks sometime melting was not nebulous at all. They melt after ten turns.

5. ewiley28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, 46 in Numba Puzzle now

Ok,

The new one I'm having trouble with is number 46 called "Shifting Tower". Anyone got an additional tip for how to interpret this name as a hint?

The best I've been able to come up with is a single 9 down in the bottom right corner.

I know the key concept is not splitting off any group so that it's too small to get a run at the end, but taking that general idea and upgrading it to a strategy has made my brain explode.

6. belly macrumors newbie

Level 46 "shiffting tower"

Guys im also stuck on this level! I know the titles are supposed to give a clue but struggling with this one...:mad:

7. iamse7en macrumors member

I'm also stuck on level 46. Felt like I've tried everything. I've gotten to where I only have like 3 tiles left... I can't find a pattern, so I find it nearly impossible.

8. sfdesigns macrumors newbie

HELP!!! puzzle mode for Numba on level 46

for the life of me... i can't figure this one out. i've spent a good deal of 3 days working on this and i still can't pass this level. its seriously affecting my work:eek:...

any help??? specifics if possible.

thanks

9. belly macrumors newbie

there is hope

I finally completed 46 a few days ago but honestly can't remember how I have gone back and tried again but no joy. The only real tip I can give is that I cleared the puzzle from right to left and did no more than 3 tiles at a time starting in the bottom right 987 I think??? Sorry I didn't pay more attention I was too happy! Now stuck on 76.......

10. sfdesigns macrumors newbie

hope is good...

belly, thanks for your tip... i will work on it. happy to hear someone has been able to figure it out. please post any other "clues" if you remember... i will try the right to left idea.... and if i catch up to you... maybe i'll be able to help to return the favor. :eek:

thanks.... cheers

11. sfdesigns macrumors newbie

are you still stuck on 76?

belly, i figured out level 46... finally... and am now on 77... of course i'm stuck. and help??:D

12. ricky1981 macrumors newbie

any more hints for lvl 46? Have wasted far too much time on it, real shame it seems to have no logic :(

13. belly macrumors newbie

Level 77 vanishing numbers

congratulations mate glad to hear you have caught up! I've been trying to figure out 77 for a while now! What have you tried? I was pretty sure you had to start with 123 in the bottom left corner then 456 as it opens up the left side but from their I have no idea..... If you then get rid of 666 it changes all fire blocks and melts all but 1 of the ice blocks so feels like the right thing to do but not helped so far.

14. ricky1981 macrumors newbie

15. ruochen510 macrumors newbie

16. sfdesigns macrumors newbie

this was the only way to show you how to complete level 46. Hope this helps... still stuck on level 77.

Attached Files:

17. ruochen510 macrumors newbie

sfdesigns,thanks for the pics, I did exactly what you told, and finally passed 46, now got a little problem on level 70,but i will figure that out and catch up with ya, haha:), see you at level 77

18. 190F3 macrumors newbie

77 is driving me crazy!

Has anyone figured this out? I keep getting it down to 2 or 3 tiles but can't get it finished! Any help would be much appreciated! I've been stuck on this level for days!

19. belly macrumors newbie

77 no idea????

I'm still on 77 and have given up! There must be someone out there with the answer........ !!!:confused:

20. ricky1981 macrumors newbie

stuck on 77

thought it might be useful to share how I am starting in case someone spots what I'm missing!

1) Bottom left 1-2-3
    2) Bottom left 4-5-6 (both of these moves "feel" right as they melt ice blocks)
    3) Lower right 1-2-3
    4) lower left 1-2-3
    5) upper right 1-2-3-4 (using the 3 blocks below the ice blocks)
    6) quickly 1-2-3-4 on the old ice and fire blocks (before the fire ones turn solid)

From here on I feel I have tried everything from upper right - 5-4-3-2-1 (cpl of ways to do that) to playing on the left (have to remove full lines here as you need the 9-1-3 to become 1-2-3 or you are stuck on the following turn).

hopefully this might help someone!!

21. king tut macrumors newbie

Numba Puzzle mode Level 77

Im pretty sure it is impossible. but I can get this far starting with bottom left.

on bottom right 123
    then 123 bottom left
    then 1234 in between fire and ice blocks
    then 1234 again when the blocks melt
    then 123456 bottom right
    then 12345
    then 324

(there are many fifferent paths...all seem to fail)
    someone out there must have the solution .
    The level fails as soon as there are not enough chameleon blocks left, so somehow you must figure a way to only take the ghost blocks out as long as possible while leaving enough chameleon blocks....I think

22. geauxtigers macrumors newbie

Level 77: don't give up

I'm glad to find some people trying to figure level 77 out. It's insanely hard...I think I might be going crazy. Well anyway, I've manage to get close(or at least I think I am). There are just so many different sequences that you can follow. Here's what I've got so far:
    1. 123 in bottom left corner
    2. 456 in bottom left corner
    3. 123 in bottom right corner
    4. 123 in bottom left corner
    5. 1234 in top right corner
    6. 234 in top right(quickly when ice melts...use the 4 directly above the 3)
    7. 12356 in bottom left corner
    8. 123 in bottom left corner
    9. 654 in top middle
    10. 864 on the left middle
    11. 321 on the top right( 321 sequence using the vanishing 3)
    12. 456 on the bottom right
    13. this is where I'm stuck(there's a picture below)
    Well, I hope we can beat this!

Attached Files:

23. wnkk10 macrumors newbie

Stuck on Puzzle 42, Puzzle Mass

I must have tried this 100 times and can't get past it. Any help please!!!!!!
    Thanks.:eek:

24. chavo15 macrumors newbie

HELP ON LEVEL 48 "one fire"

I have been stuck on level 48 called "one fire", please help!

For the person needing help on level 42...
    Step 1: 123456789...top of screen.
    Step 2: 123456789...middle of screen, starting at the 1 by the block that appears and disappears and moving up, make sure to not eliminate the red blocks until the end.
    Step 3: 123456789...middle of screen under the red blocks.
    Step 4: 123456789...just the blue blocks,including the red 8.
    Step 5: 1234...blue 1 and 234 fire blocks.
    Step 6: 567...fire blocks
    Step 7: 56789 red blocks

25. Cialti macrumors newbie

Tip for level 48 -- start with the 8s and work backwards.