Number 1 feature that needs to happen in iOS!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by houssein31, Sep 14, 2014.

1. houssein31 macrumors regular

The feature that I want the most is to be able to set different users account. If I pass my iPad to my brother or mom or anybody, they can access my Twitter, Facebook, photos, contacts... Same with my iPhone, whenever someone tells me they want to "play a game" on my phone, I get all nervous because they can see all my stuff. Wish apple would make some sort of Guest account or something like that. Does Android have that feature?

Anybody else agrees?

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Android is starting to build on that .. however for an instant solution, use "Guided Access" under Accessibility .. you can lock the user into one app and it wont come out of it without a passcode which you can set adhoc everytime. Good for passing to friends for single games, etc

3. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Yeah, Guieded Access definitely could solve some of your problems... I was TRYING to post about Guided Access but then I lost cell service. -_-

4. zstern702 macrumors member

if you could use id touch to unlock apps that hold personal information

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

That is an AMAZING idea. Do it on the MacBooks even!

6. MacrumoursUser macrumors 6502

MacrumoursUser

I'm not giving my iOS device to anyone. It's a personal device. If I ever gave it for some reason it would be my decision. Everyone wants their own iOS device, it's not an iMac where you have resources and actual logic to have multiple user accounts.

7. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

it would be a feature that I would like to see, but definitely not on top of anyone's list who doesn't share their device with anyone else.

8. fivedots macrumors 6502a

I would even love a "Personal" and "Work" mode so I can use things like Mail & Calendar easily without data crossing over.

9. Mtmspa macrumors 6502a

Nope.