Number Count not showing against folder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steadyeddy, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Steadyeddy macrumors newbie

Good evening to you all.

Suddenly this afternoon my iphone4 has been displaying very annoying/odd behaviour with regards to the number count badge displayed against a folder.

On my homescreen I have one folder placed on the dock. Within this folder I have my most used apps which includes Yak & SMS. Now obviously when someone sends me a message or Yak , the number of messages etc appear on the folder. The folder is opened & there I see where the notification has come from.

Well this has been working fine ever since launch day , however from about half an hour a go I have now noticed that this has started to act strangely.

A Yak comes through , as per informed on the screen , however no number count appears on the folder. Another Yak came through & it did appear so therefore I had the number 1 appear , however I had the number 2 against the Yak app once I opened the folder. Likewise I asked a friend to text me , & again no notification badge appeared on the home folder , however it was there against SMS once I opened the folder.

I have also tested by sending myself mail , & this doesn't show against the folder either , even though it's there against the mail icon inside the folder.

Has anyone else experienced this , & if so what was your cure. I hace switched phone on & off , however the same behaviour.

It appears that one notification is kick starting it , as when a second one comes through it then shows 1 , which of course is then 1 behind all the time. I hope I make sense.

iOS 4.02

Any suggestions ?

What are the resets I could perform , without wiping everything on my phone ?

Help is appreciated.

Regards

Edit: I've been testing & certainly appears that it's missing the first nitification everytime. Friends have been texting & sending me Yaks to test , & each time it misses the first one , however subsequent ones then come through & show on the folder. Help

2. Steadyeddy thread starter macrumors newbie

Well either this isn't happening to anyone else at all on this forum , or it's perhaps just not very interesting.

Either way here's an update.

I did a restore on Friday as a last resort. This seemed to sort the issue with the badge count on the folder.

Had been working as supposed to , when then noticed when I opened up my main folder that I had No. 1 next to my Pocket Informant icon , however when I then closed the folder the number 1 then vanished & didn't show against the folder.

I then sent myself an email & No.1 showed up against the folder , however of course this should of read 2. I then set up a task for this evening in Pocket Informant & the badge count showed 2 , yet it should of been 3. Friend then sent me a message & it showed 3 when it should of been 4. I think you get the gist. Strangely for some reason even though the individual icon shows the correct number count , the folder number count doesn't like the icon No. 1.

I won't restore again as this clearly isn't a long term solution. I shall wait to see if the 4.1 update on Wednesday cures this for good , or whether I'm booking a genius appointment by the end of the week.

Would be interesting if anyone else has had or seen this before , or whether anyone has a solution.

Kind regards.

3. Steadyeddy thread starter macrumors newbie

Just as an update.

I had one message & one mail so therefore should of been 2 on the folder. As it only said 1 i erased the folder. Once erased , obviously I then had 2 apps with No1 next to them. I then started the folder again & put the 2 apps together first & the folder automatically said the number 2. This lasted until I got to 5 apps in the folder when the folder suddenly went to 1.

Tried this again a couple of times & on each occasion it was different in it's behaviour.

So no real runs or reason.

Regards

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

after you restored, did you use your old backup? try to restore it as NEW....