Number of iPhones on one computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tarusse1, Jan 8, 2009.

1. tarusse1 macrumors newbie

My wife already has an iphone and we are upgrading this weekend. She has been having problems syncing her phone with itunes in that it just deletes everything on the phone. I really don't know if it is a library issue or what? Also or home computer is a XP but I have a Macbook Pro does it matter if I sync my phone at home on XP and on my laptop, I have been doing that for years with my ipod thanks.

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

You will not be able to use two libraries to sync. If your wife is doing that now, it is your problem. When it has been sync'd with another library, then you try it on a second computer, the second computer will want to overwrite the data to it's library and information. I would like to do the same, but cannot get it to work right...

3. tarusse1 thread starter macrumors newbie

She has only ever synced with our home computer, however if she was to try and sync now it would delete everything from her phone.

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Once the iPhone is connected, go to the tabs at the top of "your wife's phone" page in iTunes and check them all. Make sure the checkboxes are selected for the data you want on that iPhone.