Number of posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
Where can you see your number of posts on this site. I have looked all through my userCP but cannot find it for the life of me. Am I just missing it?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
London
Click on anyones name on the left of their post. This will take you to their public profile which includes number of posts. You have made 263 posts at a rate of 1.64 posts per day!

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
WinterMute said:
Can I have yours, I'm bored with mine?
would we trade ladies as well?

hmm

having seen the pictures of you in your younger days, i'm afraid i can't live up to the reputation you and your hair have created....

of course the lack of hair now might lower the standards. :eek:

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
buryyourbrideau said:
im sure everyone here on MR would greatly appreciate that you do not spam to get a tar
Who said anything about spam? If you're referring to me, just check my post history and you'll see that's not the case :cool:

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
Cooknn said:
Who said anything about spam? If you're referring to me, just check my post history and you'll see that's not the case :cool:
i wasnt referring to you my friend

just making a general statement.....

how some people get 5000 posts in a year....ummm

:confused:

yea its stupid

so everyone out there DONT DO IT! :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
buryyourbrideau said:
how some people get 5000 posts in a year....ummm

:confused:

I wouldn't generalise too much.

Some of the more prolific posters consistently write insightful and helpful posts... and if they're not, then they may be indulging in some banter which makes everyone feel part of a community. Not every post needs to be hundreds of words of indepth analysis and navel-gazing.

On the other hand, there are also those who never manage to string more than half-a-dozen coherent words together. Each to their own... if there's a problem, let the mods deal with it.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Blue Velvet said:

Some of the more prolific posters consistently write insightful and helpful posts... and if they're not, then they may be indulging in some banter which makes everyone feel part of a community. Not every post needs to be hundreds of words of indepth analysis and navel-gazing.

On the other hand, there are also those who never manage to string more than half-a-dozen coherent words together. Each to their own... if there's a problem, let the mods deal with it.
Agreed.

;)

(Hey I already have a 'tar!)

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
Absolutly - My posts are a mixture of remarks, essay type rants and comments that take up only a few lines.

I suppose that it mimics conversation in the real world...whoever said we all need to get jobs was right!! hehe :rolleyes:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I use that "click your profile to check your post count" feature all the time. I'm approaching having been here for 2 years - I'm probably not going to reach 5,000 posts by then. I just have too much ground to make up to get there (without spamming, that is).

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Blue Velvet said:

I agree Blue Velvet, well put. And I would like to think I am part of the former group as opposed to the latter, I suppose someone might say otherwise though... :eek:

Yes, there are many different "types" of Members here, from the technically literate, to the opinionated, to the young, to the old, to the lurkers, to the intellects, to the fanboys and zealots ;) - and without them, we wouldn't have the rich, diverse community that we have here, so they each have their place. :cool:

And as you said, have faith in the Mods - personally, this is the best run Forum I have ever been on, so my hats off to the Mods for keeping MR oiled like a fine-tuned machine.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
jelloshotsrule said:
would we trade ladies as well?
Dunno, what you got to offer...? ;)

jelloshotsrule said:
hmm

having seen the pictures of you in your younger days, i'm afraid i can't live up to the reputation you and your hair have created....

of course the lack of hair now might lower the standards. :eek:
Ha, yeah, the babes haven't been kicking my door down lately.

(ducks as wife lobs book)

Still, no-one bothers me on the late night trains either.

Swings and roundabouts, mate. It's all relative.

_pb_boi

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
buryyourbrideau said:
im sure everyone here on MR would greatly appreciate that you do not spam to get a tar

thanks in advance

;)
Little bit premature :rolleyes: Spread the love!

andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.