Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I am assuming the number of views a thread gets is based off of one of the following, but which one is it?:

- The number of clicks that a thread gets (people who visit the thread more than once are counted more than once)

OR

- The number of different computers that visit a thread (people are only counted more than once if they visit the thread with multiple computers)

Thanks in advance for your response(s).

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Since not many have posted I'll try to add more clarity to my previous post by giving an image. As you can see in the image below the number of a thread's views are given in the far right column titled "Views."

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 110

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
mad jew said:
Also, does the amount include guests or just logged-on members? :)
Good point; maybe logged in people are only counted once if they come back multiple times and everyone else is counted for how many times they come back.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Salasm said:
Yes. This one is correct. It applies to both members and guests.
How do you know? Are you sure? Perhaps all vBulletin forums do it the same way? :confused:

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Also I wonder why it delays with updating the "views" amount. :confused:

My guess is that it sucks less processing power from the MacRumors site's servers. ;)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
GodBless said:
Also I wonder why it delays with updating the "views" amount. :confused:

It does delay due to server, I believe if i remember correctly you can put down how much time before it updates.

And it is based on how many times someone clicks on the thread and reads it (so you can view it more than once and it counts more than one view for yourself)

Also MJ i believe you can set if it is just members or also guests that can toggle a view.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.