Number of watch faces on the watch?

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
Is there a maximum number of watch faces you can have on the watch please? I've Googled it, but can't find the answer. I've got a S5 if that makes a difference.

It's just that I'm thinking of having duplicate watch faces with different complications for different occasions. For example, I like the Infograph but have to change some of my complications when I listen to music (Spotify, Shazam, etc) because I always use all 8 spots. I was thinking of just having one dedicated to music so that I can just swipe to that face. Does anyone else do something similar?

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I have 3 or 4 duplicates of the infograph face, with different complications, just as you state. Each face has a different color theme also.

Not sure on the maximum number though.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
I have 3 or 4 duplicates of the infograph face, with different complications, just as you state. Each face has a different color theme also.

Not sure on the maximum number though.
At least it’s not just me being too organised!

Itinj24

macrumors 65816
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I do the same thing. Currently running 7 faces. One for weather, music stuff, navigation/location, communication, HomeKit, utilities/tools and health/workouts.

Just keep adding till it gives you an error, if it even does, like the dock... See what happens.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
At least it’s not just me being too organised!
And there I thought this was mine own li'l quirk.

Daily driver face:
IMG_3289.PNG

Tells me time locally, in Europe and China (useful for my business). iCatcher (for podcasts and sideloaded audio files) and my calendar are a tap away. I have an indication of the weather and precipitation possibilities, and a notion of how much daylight is left.

Face I switch to when on hikes:
IMG_3290.PNG

AllTrails and, again, iCatcher (for podcasts and sideloaded audio files) are a tap away. Compass, air quality, precipitation forecast and UV index are all shown-- useful if I'm embarking on an expedition.

So useful. I loved my Series 0 (and it's still working perfectly) but this Series 5 is another game entirely.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
And there I thought this was mine own li'l quirk.

Daily driver face:
View attachment 895596
Tells me time locally, in Europe and China (useful for my business). iCatcher (for podcasts and sideloaded audio files) and my calendar are a tap away. I have an indication of the weather and precipitation possibilities, and a notion of how much daylight is left.

Face I switch to when on hikes:
View attachment 895597
AllTrails and, again, iCatcher (for podcasts and sideloaded audio files) are a tap away. Compass, air quality, precipitation forecast and UV index are all shown-- useful if I'm embarking on an expedition.

So useful. I loved my Series 0 (and it's still working perfectly) but this Series 5 is another game entirely.

This is mine. I tried taking a screen shot, but although the option is on and I've followed the instructions, I couldn't get it to work. Anyway, I always have the Calculator app and the date showing, no matter what face I have on my watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.