Number Pad for MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by antonchigurh, Jan 31, 2012.

1. antonchigurh macrumors member

I bought a 13" MBP a few months ago for my primary business computer and all things considered it has been fantastic. I like the keyboard and the track pad, but one thing that I really miss when building models and using Excel in general is having a number pad (10-key). Between the fact that I travel between offices in Colorado and Arizona and that I really like using multi-touch on the track pad, I really don't want to move to a full sized keyboard with installed number pad.

I have been looking at the Logitech N305 and the Microsoft Bluetooth Number Pad (I know, the M-word sucks), and both work but have draw-backs: the Logitech requires a re-map of keys and the Microsoft apparently goes to sleep often and drives users crazy.

Does anyone have experience with these two models or have other recommendations?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i know you say you dont want to carry a keyboard around but the wired mac keyboard with num pad has been great for me

3. antonchigurh thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but not too tempting at 2.5 stars and after reading reviews.

4. simsaladimbamba

I know, but maybe you find something similar, like these or those.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

:D

you and your fancy google searching

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Yeah really? Who searches google these days?

7. antonchigurh thread starter macrumors member

I genuinely appreciate your help, but I have also used this thing on the internets that they call "Google". What I am looking for is someone with direct experience with a wireless number pad.

8. Ccrew macrumors 68020