Number Pad for MBP?

antonchigurh

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
I bought a 13" MBP a few months ago for my primary business computer and all things considered it has been fantastic. I like the keyboard and the track pad, but one thing that I really miss when building models and using Excel in general is having a number pad (10-key). Between the fact that I travel between offices in Colorado and Arizona and that I really like using multi-touch on the track pad, I really don't want to move to a full sized keyboard with installed number pad.

I have been looking at the Logitech N305 and the Microsoft Bluetooth Number Pad (I know, the M-word sucks), and both work but have draw-backs: the Logitech requires a re-map of keys and the Microsoft apparently goes to sleep often and drives users crazy.

Does anyone have experience with these two models or have other recommendations?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I bought a 13" MBP a few months ago for my primary business computer and all things considered it has been fantastic. I like the keyboard and the track pad, but one thing that I really miss when building models and using Excel in general is having a number pad (10-key). Between the fact that I travel between offices in Colorado and Arizona and that I really like using multi-touch on the track pad, I really don't want to move to a full sized keyboard with installed number pad.

I have been looking at the Logitech N305 and the Microsoft Bluetooth Number Pad (I know, the M-word sucks), and both work but have draw-backs: the Logitech requires a re-map of keys and the Microsoft apparently goes to sleep often and drives users crazy.

Does anyone have experience with these two models or have other recommendations?
i know you say you dont want to carry a keyboard around but the wired mac keyboard with num pad has been great for me

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.