Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
Hey guys,

Right now, I have three phones in a family plan with Sprint. I'm not sure about AT&T, so before I move the entire family plan over, I want to move just my number over for a while. What will happen if I sign up through iTunes, and type in my number to port over? Will it just port my number? Or will it cancel my entire Sprint account? My number is the primary number on the Sprint account.

appleii2mac

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
Hey guys,

Right now, I have three phones in a family plan with Sprint. I'm not sure about AT&T, so before I move the entire family plan over, I want to move just my number over for a while. What will happen if I sign up through iTunes, and type in my number to port over? Will it just port my number? Or will it cancel my entire Sprint account? My number is the primary number on the Sprint account.

Can't answer the question about what happens to your family plan. I wouldn't recommend doing it this way. I suggest activating the phone with a new # and seeing if you like it. If you like it, you can port the # later. But it might be a good idea to find out from AT&T about porting a family plan first. Maybe it's not possible to port an entire family plan for some reason.

Just as a guess, it might be necessary to port the non-primary numbers from sprint first before porting the primary number.

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
I suggest activating the phone with a new # and seeing if you like it. If you like it, you can port the # later.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I think that's what I'll do.
I read about somebody who did that without any problems.
I do have to find out about moving my entire family plan over to ATT though... I mean most likely it will just be the one iPhone, and two other cheaper ATT phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.