Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PoleMan14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Anyone have any experience porting their number via the apple online store? Looking to switch from Verizon to ATT for the 5S.

Option A) It appears you can get a new ATT plan and port the number right away, however would that auto-cancel my Verizon service immediately? Would not want to be without a cell between the order and phone shipment.

Option B) Sign up for a new ATT contract and number and then port later after I receive it? Does ATT allow this or charge any additional fees?

Thanks in advance!

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
Anyone have any experience porting their number via the apple online store? Looking to switch from Verizon to ATT for the 5S.

Option A) It appears you can get a new ATT plan and port the number right away, however would that auto-cancel my Verizon service immediately? Would not want to be without a cell between the order and phone shipment.

Option B) Sign up for a new ATT contract and number and then port later after I receive it? Does ATT allow this or charge any additional fees?

Thanks in advance!

Option B would be the best option for you. It shouldn't cost anything to port your number in after to replace whatever number you get in the mean time. And once you port the number, your verizon line will be terminated.

PoleMan14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Thanks Josh...spoke with ATT yesterday as well. When porting for online orders, the port will not take place until the phone is received and powered on/activated. So in this case, it looks like i'll just go with option A to avoid the extra step of porting later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.