Numbers 3.0 sucks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajiuo, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ajiuo macrumors 65816

Auto Complet has been removed. You can't customize the toolbar at all... would be nice to at least have a print button.

Now I know why they made it free :-(

2. Raima macrumors 6502

Just go back to using the previous version if that works better for you. It should still be in your applications folder if you had it previously.

3. rexone macrumors regular

Lake Weyba on the sub-tropical Sunshine Coast :)
    It seems though that any spreadsheets that you create in Numbers 3 or older spreadsheets that you save in Numbers 3 are not compatible with older versions of Numbers!
    Bravo Apple for forcing people to update!

4. Bear macrumors G3

Most programs will create files that previous versions can't read. It's not Apple, it's almost everyone. You should be able to Export the file in a format that the previous version can read.

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The only reason I like the new Numbers is that scrolling in big spreadsheets is buttery smooth. In Excel and old Numbers it is painfully slow and choppy.

6. unplugme71 macrumors 68030

Amazing how many small features were taken away to make it the same experience.

I really hope the updates come quick for Mac, iOS, and iWork on the cloud. I mean like every handful of additions gets released right away instead of waiting a few months.

7. SimonMTL macrumors newbie

Wow, this is messed up:

Numbers 3.0 on Mac does not allow importing .CSV files (all columns are bunched up into one), but on iCloud it works perfectly with proper column formatting.

Crazy! At least there's a workaround the lack of proper .CSV importing in the Mac version!!