Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Auto Complet has been removed. You can't customize the toolbar at all... would be nice to at least have a print button.

Now I know why they made it free :-(

Raima

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2010
Just go back to using the previous version if that works better for you. It should still be in your applications folder if you had it previously.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
It seems though that any spreadsheets that you create in Numbers 3 or older spreadsheets that you save in Numbers 3 are not compatible with older versions of Numbers!
Bravo Apple for forcing people to update!
Most programs will create files that previous versions can't read. It's not Apple, it's almost everyone. You should be able to Export the file in a format that the previous version can read.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
The only reason I like the new Numbers is that scrolling in big spreadsheets is buttery smooth. In Excel and old Numbers it is painfully slow and choppy.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
Amazing how many small features were taken away to make it the same experience.

I really hope the updates come quick for Mac, iOS, and iWork on the cloud. I mean like every handful of additions gets released right away instead of waiting a few months.

SimonMTL

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2005
Montreal Canada
Wow, this is messed up:

Numbers 3.0 on Mac does not allow importing .CSV files (all columns are bunched up into one), but on iCloud it works perfectly with proper column formatting.

Crazy! At least there's a workaround the lack of proper .CSV importing in the Mac version!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.