Numbers 3 is actually HUGE DOWNGRADE!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by driveparty, Oct 25, 2013.

1. driveparty macrumors member

They proudly scream, they've made it free... IMHO, they should PAY their new Numbers users for this crap, wasting (SSD) disk space!

I totally agree with the Discussions topics, saying Numbers 3 is way not upgrade, but HUGE DOWNGRADE! No applescript, no extended formatting, no–, no–, no– … (the list is really HUGE), AND EVEN NO CSV IMPORT!!!
    It has become absolutely unusable and worthless! And to my sorrow, i must confess, i agree with the guy from M$, Apple has NO IDEA, how people *really do their work* in terms of automation and timesaving. To simplify things down to children's toys level – is it about "spreadsheet reinveting"?!! REALLY?! :eek:

I would better stick with free solutions, like Star Office or even Google Docs, and i will NEVER recommend to consider Apple's so called "productivity" software to any of my keens or buddies. Maybe to my competitors! :)

BTW, you can leave Numbers feedback from within the app itself by clicking Numbers —> Provide Numbers Feedback...

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

To each his own, so far for me, its meeting my needs, though I still use Excel for a number of spreadsheets. I will say some of what changed takes some getting used too. I like the idea of it being accessible where ever I am, on my Mac, iPad or even straight from a browser. That to me is more important then applescript.

3. driveparty thread starter macrumors member

You likely living in an "Apple vacuum", shouldn't you share your documents with other people. A lot of people DO NOT have any paid office apps, nothing to say in EU all the documents must be shared in open formats, particularly ODF/CSV/RTF and etc. Making such a software not able to read or write open formats (MS Excel isn't) is about mind-madness, rather than company policy; generally, all these lacking "features" resemble a spit upon REAL users' needs.