Numbers ~ 3 Issues with new version - can you help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spaceballl, Oct 24, 2013.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi All,

So far, I don't have too many issues with the new version of Numbers, but the following 3 are bothering me.

1) Default zoom when the app is opened. It always seems to default to 125% zoom. I'd like to to default to 100% zoom so I don't need to do this manually each time. Do you know how?

2) Formatting bar - I like the new formatting bar, but I don't want it to be open by default every time I open my spreadsheets. Is there a way to change this behavior?

3) Auto-suggest is now off. With the previous version of Numbers, if I had a column, and then I inserted a row, if I started to type the name of a value that already existed in the column, it would auto-fill for me. I don't see an option to do this now.

Thanks in advance!

2. PNGento macrumors member

I didn't like the formatting bar open automatically either, but once I closed it, then closed the file, when I reopen the file, the format bar is closed.

What I hate, is that I can apparently no longer drag a cell or range of cells to copy. That lovely black cross is no more. Why would they take that away?

ME, I HATE the new numbers and may go back to Excel.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Been trying all day to change things in the new iWorks. Not much progress.

1.) No way to change it but manually.

2.) You will have to open spreadsheet and close the formatting bar, then save file. Then next time you open spreadsheet it will not be there, but area formatting bar occupies will remain, just blank.

3.) No way to change it. It is off with no way to turn on.

I know that is probably not the answer you would have liked, but the new iWorks is just that, NEW.

4. kmoreau48 macrumors member

kmoreau48

I haven't worked with older version of numbers but I think that the black cross you are talking about (which would be in the corner like in excel) is now an orange dot at the middle of the cell side in the direction you want to drag and copy a cell/range of cells. The white dot in the corner is only for selection.