Numbers compatibility

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jjk454ss, Nov 5, 2012.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I'm using Numbers on my ipad and on my MacBook. Every time I open a spreadsheet on my ipad it tells me some elements were removed because they are not compatible with the ipad version. Table fills, and sheet settings such as headers and footers. Does the ipad version just always say this? Or can I remove those elements since I don't need them anyway?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

It says it and it removes it. Unless you need headers and footers for a document, I would just remove. If you make a sheet on your MB and open it on iPad, it will ask to open as a copy so you do not remove those elements. You can edit this copy (or original) with the basic excel functionalities and re-add needed elements later.

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

It says it every time I open the files though, I want to permanently remove them so the message stops popping up every time I open them.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

I don't think you can do stop the messages. You could remove them from the original file that might help.

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I'll try removing them on my Mac instead of my ipad and see if that works. Thanks

6. mattdeezy macrumors member