Numbers formula help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EmilyJ, Dec 18, 2013.

1. EmilyJ macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm having trouble creating a formula in Numbers and would appreciate any help.

I'm creating a spreadsheet to track employee annual leave, and most columns are set up correctly, but I can't work out how to create a column to track how many days have been taken so far.

In the attached screen-grab, I want column D to keep a sum total of the number of days taken by adding the entries so far from column C. I've filled in the first 4 entries using a formula for each cell but I want to be able to spread the 'rule' down the column so that other cells auto-update.

At this rate it'd be quicker for me to do it manually but I know I must be missing something really simple!:confused:

Thanks,
    Emily
    (I'm very familiar with Macs and computing generally, but unfamiliar with Numbers spreadsheets...)

Attached Files:

2. quickie14 macrumors newbie

Personally I would just use a formula that would look the previous bookable days taken cell + current No. of days (example D10+C11).

3. EmilyJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed

Thanks quickie14, I'm embarrassed I didn't think of doing it that way!
    All sorted. :)

4. quickie14 macrumors newbie

No problem EmilyJ, happens to us all.

I'm still a bit new to numbers, I grew up with Excel. What you was trying to do I have been doing for 8+ years, some of my spreadsheets are in a world of the own (so I'm told).