Numbers - Helped Needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rumbletum, Aug 9, 2007.

1. rumbletum macrumors regular

Just having my first play around with this and already can't find something quite basic.

I'm looking for the equivalent of Excels 'Freeze Panes' option, I basically want to lock Row 1 and Column A so they are always visible.

It's probably something really obvious but I cant find out how :(

2. coren2000 macrumors member

I also need some help with little things like this (I want to have cell formatting = none).

Anyone know of a site people can go to in order to bug mac gurus?

3. rumbletum thread starter macrumors regular

This site, hopefully :)

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Clearly the program is too new for there to be much by way of the web, but did you try to search help?
    It could be that this was something Apple missed during development. It seems so minor to many but not to people like me for example, who usually uses spreadsheets with 5000+ rows and 40+ columns.

5. rumbletum thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I searched under freeze, freeze panes, lock row, columns etc, everything I could think of :(

6. Hairball macrumors regular

Hairball

I am having the same problem with the freeze panes thing. I don't think it exists. I imported an Excel file that had the freeze panes feature enables and it is not appearing in numbers. I hope it's just an oversight on my part, not the developement. :confused:

7. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Just want to mention (not excuse) that Numbers is the first version of an all-new-app. It probably won't meet everyone's needs exactly until some further updates from Apple.

Same for the first versions of Keynote and Pages.

8. rumbletum thread starter macrumors regular

Freeze panes is a pretty basic feature tho. It makes working with anything but very small spreadsheets very impractical.

I dont care if its version one or not, its a shocking oversight if there's no equivalent feature.

9. rumbletum thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, thats what I did. I was hoping not to have to install MS Office on my new Mac, but looks like I may have to :(

10. alchemy10 macrumors newbie

Post feedback on Apple site

I also need the "freeze panes" feature in Numbers. This may not be very helpful now but you can go to www.apple.com/feedback to post comments. Just click on the icon for Numbers and fill out the form. If enough people ask about this, we may see the feature appear in an update.

11. sfbob macrumors newbie

freeze pane

I am having the same issue - this is a critical issue for large spreadsheets.

12. rumbletum thread starter macrumors regular

Don't worry though, it's version 1.0 so its allowed to be crap :mad: :confused: