Numbers: How do I set a fixed number of columns?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Naimfan, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

All--

I'm trying to enter a play's script into Numbers for use as my cueing script. What I want to do is just have one spreadsheet per scene, formatted the same way. How do I set Numbers so that it doesn't automatically go to the next horizontal page? What I mean is how do I prevent Numbers from going from columns "A-F" to columns "G-L"? I've tried searching Help and not found it.

Thanks in advance!

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

This isn't really what spreadsheets are generally designed for. Have you considered using a word processor instead?

3. Naimfan thread starter macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Yep. I'd be putting it in a table anyway, so . . . thought a SS would make more sense. Here's why: I need a blank column (for blocking notes), then a column for the character, then a column for the lines, then a narrow blank column, and then a column for cues. And I need my running script to match the page numbers in the actual script.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Maybe try making a table within Pages. You could format it to have columns like this and still maintain a single page width.

5. Naimfan thread starter macrumors 68040

Naimfan

I think I have it. I just deleted the columns to the right of the columns I wanted, and formatted the columns the way I want them (or think I want them!).

Gaucho--thanks for the assist! :)