numbers in contacts disappeared advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chimpboy74, Sep 28, 2008.

1. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Hi,
    I have a 16GB iPhone 3G. Late Saturday night all my contacts lost their numbers (every single one). Do you think that this is an iphone problem or a mobileme (contacts are set to automatically update via the cloud) my wife updates her contacts via exactly the same me account but hasnt had the problem so I am not sure if my phone is dodgy or I have done something. when I go into my macbook my contacts have all details correct and on mobile me they are all correct.

I am going to phone apple in the morning as I am really really unhappy about this but wondered if anyone could advise on where I could figure the problem lies

Thanks

2. ablach macrumors newbie

i have the same problem. And Im not using mobileme. I cant even dial numbers. they disappear from the screen when I dial them.

Have you solved this problem?

3. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

kind of. They reappeared a couple of days later by themselves. I complained about it to mobileme and got zero response. I assumed that it was mobileme as I couldn't manually sync my contacts. I'm still really peedoff about it more sonow that I complained and they didn't have the decency to give me an explanation.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's really scary, b/c that shouldn't be happening. That's one reason that I'm just doing the test drive on MobileMe. It really sounds like there remains to many bugs and glitches within MobileMe, for me to take it beyond the trial period...:(