NUMBERS & PAGES only portrait ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChristianJapan, May 31, 2011.

1. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Downloaded the universal apps on my IP4 this morning. Nice to have them.
    But On my IP4 I can't use landscape for Numbers ... Even if rotation lock is removed. Also Pages has the same issue.

Did I missed something ?

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

3. TuffLuffJimmy, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011

TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Weird. I didn't want to drop the cash on Numbers since I never use the Desktop application. But I've been enjoying Pages while I was at school today. On my breaks I would work on revising my anthropology paper with Pages. I didn't even notice that it didn't have a landscape mode!

I used to be a big proponent of the landscape keyboard, especially when Apple didn't include it in a lot of its applications. However, now that they've given it to us I rarely use landscape mode, never in texting, rarely in notes, and once in a while in the browser.

4. ChristianJapan thread starter macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Portrait for Pages is even ok for me; feels like a regular piece of paper. But Numbers need landscape to be useful. Sheets tend to be wide ... Hope this it not by design and will be fixed.