Numbers Populating

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iventis, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Iventis macrumors newbie

Dear members, on my iPhone 6 plus a long list of telephone numbers are being populated at the bottom of my telephone contact list. Many are numbers associated with my contacts, some are not. My wife says...you never scan to the bottom anyway so why does it bother you...well, it does. Any help on this one?

thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is it contacts synced over from your Facebook app or maybe other phones using the same iCloud account and having contact sync turned on?

3. Iventis thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, interesting. I'm probably one one in a million that doesn't have a Facebook app installed, but the icloud comment has me thinking.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ok go to settings, iCloud, contacts.
    If that option is on contacts on other devices get synced over to your phone also.

5. Iventis thread starter macrumors newbie

Applejuiced, here is what I did. As you suggested I turned off the contacts radio button in the mail icloud setting. I then went back to the list, list is still there. I clicked on a number I recognized and hit edit then delete. I then looked for that contact number in my contact list to see if had deleted as well, it did not, to be sure I rebooted my phone and checked again, still there in my contact list but gone in the populated numbers. It may be that I have to manually delete each number entry and with that icloud setting off they may not return. Thank you for your help.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, it's a pain to manually delete them one by one but at least they won't come back any more:)

7. Iventis thread starter macrumors newbie

8. rican macrumors 6502

rican

I don't let Facebook or any other app connect to my contacts or have access to. I think that could attribute to it, but glad it's resolved! :)