Numbers problem with table and images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tumbleweed666, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

I have a table over which I have been overlaying small pictures, essentially thumbnails, over a few cells.

At some point, either Numbers got a revision, or some behavior changed because previously I could select any one of the images and move it around with the mouse to place exactly where on the table I want and then move it again if i needed to. Now, the picture seems to fall behind the table once i let go of the mouse, so that i cannot select it, instead i end up clicking in the cell.

I can select the image by dragging the mouse across to touch it, but once the cursor hits the table, which it must, that is selected as well. I can unselect the table by shift-click so that only the image is selected, but can only move the object with arrow keys once i move the mouse onto it, im back at the cell entry point again.

Did something change? I'm on 3.5.3(2520)

TIA

2. Tumbleweed666 thread starter macrumors 68000

Found the problem. PEBCAK :)
    Sent the table to the back under "arrange". Once it is there, all seems OK. Not sure how it got moved to the front but that must be what happened.
    I'll leave this here in case anyone else hits the same "issue".