Numeric lock for default ipad keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LoneSurvivor, Jun 26, 2016.

1. LoneSurvivor macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm trying to create a list of dates comprised of numbers only on an ipad air, each time either return or spacebar are pressed the keyboard reverts to alpha. Not the end of the world but a little irksome, is there a way to lock the keyboard onto numeric even if return or space are used? Thanks for any help.

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Since iOS 9 the keyboard on the iPad has had numbers above the letter keys without having to swap to a seperate keyboard for numbers.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

Ummm not for me. I think that's only on the 12.9"

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Ahhh, you're right. I have an iPad 4 and 12.9" Pro. For obvious reasons I use the Pro more and forgot it was a 12.9" only thing.

5. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

What app are you using? In Numbers you can format the column as date and then you'll get the date keyboard all the time.

6. LoneSurvivor thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using notes, the same happens when emailing too. As mentioned it's not that much of a problem to toggle back with the ABC button, just a little tiresome when cataloging longer sequences on the hoof. I'm from the if it aint broke don't fix it mindset so the pad is running the ios it left the factory with, 8.3 I think, do you know if an update provides a keyboard with more options? Can I get the keyboard mentioned by lagwagon?

7. melman101 macrumors 68030

The keyboard mentioned by lagwagon, as I pointed out above is only for iPad Pro 12.9". So the answer is yes, you can get that keyboard, if you buy an iPad Pro 12.9".

8. friedmud macrumors 65816

Well - then the obvious answer is to buy a 12.9" iPP! :)