numerical battery now????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lakaiordie, May 16, 2009.

1. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

im not jailbroken anymore, just did a restore because i was gonna jailbreak again but messed up. and i noticed that now my battery meter is numerical.... is this something new? it wasnt like this when i did my last restore 2 days ago

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

If you used SBSettings to change it while you were jailbroken and restored without changing it back, it'll be there until you re-jailbreak, install SBSettings and disable it.

Or you could just tap it to change it back to the battery image and forget about it.

3. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

It probably still has some jailbreak features left over, i think you can try to restore it again or try DFU mode.

4. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

the thing is i did go into dfu mode and then restored. this is what happened..

i was jailbroken, then did a restore. and everything was normal.
    tried to jailbreak again but messed up. so went into dfu mode
    restored again to original firmware then loaded up my last backup was when i restored the first time.

i mean i like the numerical battery a lot more ( i know its gonna be in 3.0)

im just wondering why its like this

5. con500 macrumors regular

Was boss prefs installed previously...my sis had the numeric battery still show after restore, although boss prefs was gone after the restore it appeared some elements were left behind...We could only come to that conclusion since the numeric battery was a feature of boss prefs

6. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

yea i had boss prefs
    even after 2 restores. the first one everything was normal and the battery guage was normal, and with the 2nd one being from dfu mode?

i mean i dont care really, i prefer it actually. just wondering why

7. pauliphone macrumors regular

I think that it is written into the backup file made on itunes. i had my iphone stolen and got a new one when i set it up i selected to restore from backup, the phone wasn't jailbroken but the numeric battery remained and so did the change to carrier name.

8. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

that makes sense

9. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Exactly right.