Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nacket

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have an iPhone 5S on Verizon and was able to get the numerical signal strength to stick when I force closed the Field Test app on 7.0, but when I updated to 7.0.2, it went back to the dots and force closing no longer returned the iPhone to the home screen and instead just restarted the app, effectively eliminating the feature. Anyone else noticing this and have any possible workarounds?

s.horsfield

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
New Zealand
I have an iPhone 5S on Verizon and was able to get the numerical signal strength to stick when I force closed the Field Test app on 7.0, but when I updated to 7.0.2, it went back to the dots and force closing no longer returned the iPhone to the home screen and instead just restarted the app, effectively eliminating the feature. Anyone else noticing this and have any possible workarounds?

Never got it working on 7.0 and I've never tried since. I made a thread about this but no one responded. I know your pain but it's hardly a common complaint. bugreport.apple.com it

Nacket

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Never got it working on 7.0 and I've never tried since. I made a thread about this but no one responded. I know your pain but it's hardly a common complaint. bugreport.apple.com it

Thanks, I gave reporting it a shot. Hopefully they don't point out the numerical signal strength remaining after force closing the app was a bug itself. :D

s.horsfield

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
New Zealand
Thanks, I gave reporting it a shot. Hopefully they don't point out the numerical signal strength remaining after force closing the app was a bug itself. :D

I've just restarted and tried it again numerous times and it's working!!!
a3ytygeq.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.