numerous applications keep opening on startup

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by applefanboy98, Jul 24, 2011.

1. applefanboy98 macrumors newbie

so i turn off my iMac and when i turn it back on, a bunch of applications are open - i did not set these to open at login and the "reopen windows" was unchecked when I turned off my computer. however, when I try to uncheck it under system prefs - general, and quit system prefs, it automatically reverts back to the checked version..... permissions in system prefs must be messed up? any help? thanks

2. daveevans76 macrumors newbie

I am running into the same thing but where my issue is different is under my pref, i have no applications checked to launch. I used to have it set to auto launch safari and iMail, but have removed changed the settings for this. Now when I startup my machine, they are still launching! I have checked my login items and nothing is selected yet they cont to launch. Could this be a Lion bug???? Annoying.

3. bwapod macrumors member

I'm having the same issue on both my MacBook Pro (mid 2010, upgraded to Lion) and the new Mac mini. Every time I restart (and UNCHECK the box for "reopen apps" etc), it seems like every app I've ever used opens up. Safari keeps going back to a wikipedia page I checked yesterday afternoon, even though it's clearly no the last page I was on.

A number of my preferences are NOT sticking (reset to default when I close System Preferences), most noticeably the trackpad gestures that I keep trying to customize.

I can't save bookmarks in Safari either.

I tried repairing permissions, to no avail. I'm in the process of re-installing Lion on my Mac mini from scratch.

Bit of a bummer.