Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jvencius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Now that I have all my clips imported and a project made up, how do I save it? Command-S doesn't seem to do anything and I didn't see a "Save Project" option in the File menu.:confused:

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Now that I have all my clips imported and a project made up, how do I save it? Command-S doesn't seem to do anything and I didn't see a "Save Project" option in the File menu.:confused:

I've never used iMovie '08, but from what I've seen, it's set up like iPhoto and iTunes, not like GarageBand or iMovie '06. In other words, you're working with a library of clips (or music or photos) not a project like GB that is independent.

jvencius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
I've never used iMovie '08, but from what I've seen, it's set up like iPhoto and iTunes, not like GarageBand or iMovie '06. In other words, you're working with a library of clips (or music or photos) not a project like GB that is independent.

I'm just a bit concerned, though, that when I close iMovie, the edits/transitions/etc... that I made today will be lost since I didn't see an auto-save window, nor is there a manual-save option for the effects I added.:confused:

jvencius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
I'm just a bit concerned, though, that when I close iMovie, the edits/transitions/etc... that I made today will be lost since I didn't see an auto-save window, nor is there a manual-save option for the effects I added.:confused:

Can anyone help with this? I've got a nice little movie made but I don't want to lose all the time I've put into it so far by having all the effects/transitions/etc... get lost.:confused:

atmenterprises

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Just to answer the question in case someone wants to know, iMovie '08 saves every time you make a change so there is no explicit reason to save.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.