Nvidia 3D Vision compatible with Early 2008 Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by evildede, Feb 9, 2009.

1. evildede macrumors member

Does anyone know if Nvidia's latest peripheral works on a mac pro, taking into account the fact that one would buy the necessary screen and glasses to use it? I have the Geforce 8800GT in my Mac Pro and it seems that even though Nvidia's tester on it's website says that the card should barely handle it, it still should so I wondered if anyone had already tried it. Of course, this would have to be used in Windows only using Boot Camp. I know it's only a gimmick,but that new Samsung 120 Hz LCD looks really sexy, and I've always liked gimmicks like that one and would really like to try it out considering I've read a lot of positive reviews about it, but I don't want to shell out the money for a PC just to be able to enjoy it.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You already have a PC, so I don't see why you would need to buy another to utilize this.

I've heard nothing on this, so I can't speak for anyone. Sorry.

3. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

I am also wondering, but for the iMac. Have you finally bought it ? If you have experienced it, how does it feel ?

4. toddie macrumors newbie

I use the "Nvidia 3d vision" with the "Samsung 2233RZ" on a 2008 MacPRO - and it works great!

- Mac Pro 4x2,8 GHz
    - Geforce 8800GT (minimum Requirement - but...perfect!)
    - Eizo 24" (1st)
    - Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ (2nd)
    - Boot Camp -> Vista Home Premium

(at the moment: "Tomb Raider Underworld" - never had so much fun playin´a PC-game!)

Toddie

@fredsarran:
    I am not shure if the iMacs GPU is supported by the 3DVision....my girlfriends MacBook Pro did NOT work because of its xxxx"M"-GPU....(with the SamsungTFT - of course - not the Built-In-Display)