nvidia blank screen issue - Can I still benefit from the settlement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by redeye be, Aug 29, 2011.

1. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Hello all,

Just before my Applecare ended I dropped of my trusty Early 2008 15" MBP at the repair center for a faulty key and a problem with the SuperDrive.
    I was happy to find out they also replaced the MB. Felt like receiving a new computer. This was in april.

Just now, a week ago actually, I started getting the blank screen when waking from sleep nvidia GPU issue (NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT) see http://nvidiasettlement.com/.

I've asked my repair center about this, but out of curiosity, for prosperity (and if needed - but I surely hope not - a few days down the road, venting) I'd like to ask you knowledgeable lot:

Any experience sending in the nvidia thing after the claim filling deadline (march 2011)?

Cheers

2. redeye be thread starter macrumors 65816

redeye be

Wolf!

looks like it was just F.lux acting up. Bummer I kind of liked the app.

3. Sarmiento macrumors member

My same laptop's video card just died too. I was there last week because it was starting to have problems but they wouldn't repair it because it hadn't failed completely Take it to Apple because I'm sure you have the same video card that is covered for 4 years. Having apple care doesn't make a difference. You are covered the same. They should replace your logic board and video card.

They will test it and if it fails for the defective video card and gives them a code they will repair it no cost.

I just did the Apple Hardware Test and it confirmed my Video Controller is not working properly.

Good luck to us both...