Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Do we have any reason to think it is, other then it fits the specs?

Honestly I don't know...no one here does

Well, I was just pointing out this part of the article...

'In reality the chip is an ARM core running at 250 MHz.
According to our information, it is precisely a GoForce chip that will be used in the iPhone, and it will be accounted as being among the 3 ARM chips.'

David

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
250MHz is a little bit slow, i wonder where did they get the info?

250MHz is a little slow, yes, but remember that this chip is only one of the three ARMs inside. Then say there's one ARM for iPod A/V software, and another ARM for Safari-based apps... mail, browser, iChat (presumably).

In terms of graphics, however, considerably slower processors have been computing considerably more complex things, and at the same time driving considerably bigger displays... for years.

It all works out.

-Clive

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
250MHz is a little slow, yes, but remember that this chip is only one of the three ARMs inside. Then say there's one ARM for iPod A/V software, and another ARM for Safari-based apps... mail, browser, iChat (presumably).

In terms of graphics, however, considerably slower processors have been computing considerably more complex things, and at the same time driving considerably bigger displays... for years.

It all works out.

-Clive
now that brings more doubt,
nobody will believe there is an independent 250MHz Graphic chip in there, lol, u can say its a chip with 3 divided unit to handle different function, thats more believable. Its laughable to compare this "250MHz" to the computer graphic card's 250MHz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.