Nvidia Drivers for MBP 8600 GT !

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MoeOz, Nov 27, 2007.

1. MoeOz macrumors member

i have a MBP 2.2 8600 GT 128 and it runs Vista on Bootcamp , the thing is i couldnt update my Nvidia diver !:confused: whenever i download a new drive and start the setup it gives me the error of incompatible driver thingy !! i juz duno how to pass this , i try'd uninstall'n the old one and do the setup again [safe mode] and also "DriverCleanerPro" But nothing happened !! .. i Need the best latest driver's to play some game smooth enuff like "Crysis" & so .. so if someone could help me with this :eek:

MBP 2.2 8600GT 128
    Leopard 10.5
    Vista Ultimate
    BootCamp 2.0

2. RustyM macrumors regular

RustyM

I was hoping to do the same thing. Maybe get some better frames from Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.

2.4 MBP here

3. bov macrumors 6502

hmmm i was just thinking about installing Leopard, Bootcamp, then some games...

OP, are you still having trouble with this? i have the same specs are you

4. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Try www.laptopvideo2go.com

It works great. You find the driver you want, download it, plus a modded file, swap the modded file with the file in the normal drivers, and go install. It's easy, and works.

5. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

6. Spliff macrumors regular

Good luck in running this resource pig of a game on your MBP! Well it will run, but maybe at an average of 15-20fps if you're lucky!:eek:

7. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

You have to manually select the display driver. You can't use the setup.

8. Mac-Biodiesel macrumors newbie

Don't know about Vista, as I run XP through Boot Camp, but I downloaded the updated drivers from Apple and the setup completed just fine.

I've been told that you should only get the drivers through Apple's website. One guy toyed with installing drivers he downloaded and ended up with the BSOD.

9. bov macrumors 6502

i installed Bootcamp yesterday, installed Counterstrike Source and it ran great!

so much more smooth than my PC :D time to go buy Orange Box!

So you guys dont think i will be able to run Crysis? The system requirements says i need at least 256 MB of video ram.. since i have 128, will this mean i wont be able to run it at all?

10. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I just bought it on steam! Takes forever to download though - if you can buy the boxed version and save yourself some waiting

From what I've read here it'll run just about on a 256, but on the lower settings. Maybe 128 MB will work. I'd leave Crysis for a while until the hardware catches up.

I had a similar problem with Doom 3 - I built a new PC specifically to play Doom 3. It ran - slowly, and then I realised the game wasn't awesome.. The positive side was I found Half Life 2 :) but that was over a year ago :)

11. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

i've been out of the gaming loop for a while. how does the white imac do for gaming? i'd like a aluminum but don't want a glossy screen.

12. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

It's got a 128 MB Radeon x1600 card, so it should be pretty good. There are a few videos on youtube of people playing games. I don't think that it'd be Crysis good, but then what is?!